Bank of Desoto does not request customers to verify information over the Internet. You should never give your account number, pin number, credit card number, or any personal information on the Internet or over the phone unless you initiate the call.
- Safeguard your financial information such as checking and credit card numbers, and your Social Security number. Unless you know the person or organization you're dealing with, don't give it out, even someone claiming to be from your bank. Bank of DeSoto will never ask you to provide this information over the phone.
- Report lost or stolen checks immediately. Review new deliveries of checks to make sure none have been stolen in transit.
- Report lost debit cards immediately. Report to Bank of DeSoto as soon as you think you have lost or misplaced your card.
- Notify the bank with suspicious phone inquiries such as those asking for account information to "verify a statement" or "award a prize".
- Shred financial solicitations or financial statements before disposing of them.
- Deposit your mail into a secure, official Postal Service collection box.
- If regular bills fail to reach you, call the company to find out why. Someone may have filed a false change-of-address form to divert your mail and steal your personal information.
- If your statements include questionable items, investigate immediately. This is often the first sign of fraudulent activity.
- Avoid phishing scams. Never reply directly or click on a link in response to an email that asks for personal or financial information. If you are concerned about your account, contact the bank as soon as possible. Remember, Bank of DeSoto will never contact you to just to verify personal information.
If you have any further questions about this policy, please contact Bank of DeSoto at 972-780-7777 during operating hours.